NMLS Rules and Requirements for Webinars
Staying compliant with NMLS requirements is integral to the success of your webinar. Since this is a classroom equivalent course, it must be treated the same way as if you were taking this class in-person.
Please adhere to the following:
- Join the Zoom meeting 30 minutes prior to the start of your Webinar, which will give you time to troubleshoot video issues as well as ensure that your attendance has been taken. (3.5.1)
- Sign the Rules of Conduct prior to the start of your webinar. The Rules of Conduct will need to be signed for EACH webinar course you take.
- Keep distractions to a minimum, the NMLS does not permit outside activities like driving, texting, or doing the dishes during the course. (3.3.5)
- Remember to utilize the chat box, as participation in class via the chat box is mandatory for credit. (220.127.116.11)
Student Webcam Requirement
As of June 6, 2022, the NMLS requires all participants remain on camera for the full duration of the course to receive credit.
- Students must have an acceptable internet connection and be visible on camera from at
least the shoulders up for the duration of the course instruction.
- If a student is unable to comply with these requirements, they must be removed from
- If connection issues occur, student is expected to proactively communicate issues to
the instructor or facilitator immediately. An effort should be made to reconnect the
- If a student is unable to regain connection for a prolonged period, they must be
removed from the class and be rescheduled to another class.
Devices used by students need to have capability of accessing all features of
the platform used by the course provider and allow the student to fully engage with the
instructor and class.
Acceptable devices include:
- Desktop computers
- Tablets – must have all the same compatibilities as a desktop and/or laptop (camera,
keyboard, etc.) (3.7.3)
Please find the entirety of the Functional Specification for All NMLS Approved Courses here.